Friday, May 23, 2008

Shaking A Cup?......

I could never do this........no matter how low I sink. I could never do this. It's offends me, even as a homeless person. Who am I to "sit" on the curb and shake a cup at someone? I can understand for those that may have physical limitations, such as missing limbs or a mental handicap. But I have seen toooo many "able-bodied" people shaking "the cup". I mean to me, it just sends a message to everyone, that...."i'm lazy".....and this is the EZ route for me. "Bring me money". That's what shaking the cup say's to me. It seems as though it makes it hard for those that truly do need a "handout".....if you will.

And not only that......those that are asking for money.......instead of asking someone for money for food to get something to eat.......ask someone for money so that "I can buy a bucket and squeegie for washing windows" to support myself. Or, for that matter any other items that might be bought to support "oneself". The old proverb sticks out in my mind: You can buy a man a fish, and feed him for the day..........but you can teach him how to fish, and feed him.....for life!

No comments: