Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

Mission accomplished. I was able to do what I said I was going to do last night. After leaving Greyhound from getting some rest last night, I walked 15-20 blocks to my job. I arrived at approximately 5 a.m. and entered the building with my keycard. Greeted the guard at the desk, and made a quick exit to my office suite. I quickly went to the sink in the office and washed my pants out with some dish washing liquid that was under the sink. Wrang them as dry as I could. I put them on the "heater" in my office....only to find that it was blowing "cold" air. (Such much for drying them there.) So I put them in a plastic bag, (to avoid getting anything else wet) and put them in my gym bag.

I made myself some coffee, and looked in our office refrigerator to see what was left over from meetings the previous weeks. Tons of juice and sodas. But could only drink the juices as I'm cutting back on the sodas. The pickings were "slim". I only found some frozen dinner rolls in the freezer. So I microwaved them, and ate up with my coffee. (Hey.....it will keep my stomach from hurting until 1 pm.!)

I had some work on my desk, that someone had placed there evidently from the night before. So I went ahead and did it while i was there, so it would'nt be piled up after I get back to the office from jury duty. I prepared a Fed-ex to send off for one of my co-workers, and dropped it off at Fed-ex/Kinkos around the corner from the White House. As soon as I got to the gym, I put my wet pants in the rock sauna so that they could dry out. Looks like a couple of other guys had the same idea. (The wall was full of wet items....) I went on into the gym....got a good workout in. After I was done, I showered, sat in the sauna for a while, "flipping" my pants so they could toast on the other side. (Lol)

Left the gym, and walked to where I am now....at the library to write a quick one before I go to jury duty at 11 a.m. I'm so hungry! I should have money waiting today after 1 pm from the previous days according to the jury clerk. As soon as the judge dismisses us for lunch.......break-neck speed to the atm!

2 comments:

jessabean said...

I want to thank you for sharing your story...it's been an eye-opening read for me thus far. Especially your first post. This could happen to anyone.

I sincerely hope you get your lunch today and don't have to sleep hungry. Maybe I'll see you on the street tonight, tomorrow, the day after...maybe I'll buy you dinner.

James Sun said...

Hey, keep on blogging when you can. People need to start paying attention to the needs of the people around them. this really opens eyes to the daily struggle of homelessness. Maybe you'll still get that chance to help the people that can't help themselves someday afterall.