Friday, May 30, 2008

Please Try Your Call Again......

It never ceases to amaze me.....the few close friends and associates that "know" of my "situation", know that I have a pre-paid cell phone. It seems at the worst possible moments, that they call, and just want to "yack". I can't blame them tho....they are just worried about me, and sometimes don't hear from me for a while. So they call me up (only 6 minutes pre-paid time left mind you...lol) and want to tell me about how the family is, things going on at the office, the color of the new car I bought, how many sales I made yesterday...etc.

They get a little upset or out of sorts sometimes when I cut the call short. But they fail to remember or realize that I don't have a contract, and can't just talk all day. I'm not a phone person really anyhow. I'm a "functional" phone person....I say what I have to say (i.e. meet me at such-and-such at 5 pm) in 3-4 minutes or less and then I'm done.

But, since the advent of texting, it kind of saves me a little money on airtime, since it only cost a few cents to send one, versus actually using per-minute airtime to talk. It also saves me from my friends that like to go on "tangents" with their conversations. It allows me to tailor, and or control it a little more.....say what I have to say and be done.

I also use the old landline/payphone trick. It saves me a lot of money. Someone calls. I let it roll to voicemail, and then call them back from a payphone. Only 50 cents for the call, and I can "talk" a bit longer if they need to, since the call is paid for already now. Who say's I can't have "unlimited" nights and weekends! LOL

No comments: