Thursday, May 29, 2008

CrackHeads Rule!

Last night I went to what I thought would be a quiet spot to get some sleep. Even though it was chilly outside, I would trade it for a quiet nights sleep for a minute. However, what I found upon arrival at a local area church off 14th street was off the chain. When I climbed the steps, I was greeted by several crackheads, (actually using the pipe when I arrived). They were kind of divided into little "communities" or families if you will. The "lady of the house" that I copped a spot near, greeted me (while hitting her pipe, and searching for the crumbs on the ground) and immediately started to question me. She wanted to know if I had been there before (she did'nt remember me from the last time not so long ago....2 weeks), and immediately wanted to know if I had (lol...get this....a gun). Then she wanted to know if I had any money. After I started to engage her....it "seemed" as though she wanted to talk for a minute. So I did even though I was tired. However, as SOON as she found out I didn't have any money, she immediately said that she didn't want to talk anymore.

I guess what appeared to be her man appeared. He was with her the last time that I came there to get some rest. It was colder though, and they were rapped up in their blankets etc. The only time they saw me, was when "he" got up to take a piss and run the street for a minute. He didn't remember me either though, because the last time that I saw him, he was standing over me "tweaking"! He was really high then, and very erratic in his movements. Everytime he moved, my eyes would open (trying to keep track of him). And it's a good thing that I did, because he would be standing over me each time.

Last night however was different though. He did'nt seem to remember me either though. He asked me if I had been there before, to which I replied yes. He asked me then if I would move around the corner from where they were. I told him no, (because there was ample room for all of us and this was a public place). He started to get nervous, and went over and whispered something to his girl (so much for whispering....cause I heard just about everything). He told his girl that I might be "5-0".......and took her around the corner to the other side of the porch on the church. They disappeared for what seemed an eternity, but was only less than 5 minutes. I sat up immediately not knowing if he was going to come around the corner with a brick or gun or something. When he didn't come back within about 10 minutes, I left and went to find another location I thought would be safer. It was a long night.

1 comment:

jessabean said...

Glad that you made it through the night safely. That sounds very scary.