Friday, May 16, 2008

Chronical 1 : 5-16-2008

I consider myself fortunate to have a gym membership. I am able to go to the gym primarily to workout and keep my stress levels down due to my situation. But it serves a dual purpose....it also allows me to keep myself up. I am able to shower, shave and the likes. Many homeless people do not have that luxury.

I do find that some of the club members are nosy tho. You see....the bag that I carry to the gym is quite large for obvious reasons. Everything that I own pretty much is on my back! So I have to keep all of these items with me: A couple of changes of clothes, underwear, socks, soap, washcloth, deodorant, toothpaste/brush. The list goes on. It is a tremendous burden to lug it around all day. I've developed a dark mark on my right shoulder that is tender to the touch.

Chronical 2: 5-16-2008

I saw a homeless woman today that made me cry. Literally break down and cry. She was in a wheelchair sitting outside of McDonalds begging for money. It was obvious she could not walk. Her clothes reaked of urine, from not being able to bath or move from the chair. She had scars from the top to bottom of her body. She was crying. No one would help her. I could not. I could just barely.....help myself. It was an extreme source of frustration. If I had it to give to her, she would have received it.....unselfishly. I will pray for her tonight. Someone with a heart will come along to assist her, I am confident of it.

No comments: