Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jury Duty....Exhausting.

It's been tough to write here for a couple of days. I was summoned for jury duty, which has turned into a trial. Good thing is, that it should only last one more day.

I slept at the bus station last night. Did'nt sleep a wink. So many regular travelers, not to mention other homeless people and transients came thru. So much noise. Wow....the noise. It was deafening. Not to mention, that it was raining cats and dogs. Since I couldn't sleep, I got up and went to the front door of the bus terminal. I just stood and watched the rain, and got kind of lost for a minute in the rythyms and patterns that it made on the sidewalk outside. I was immediately oblivious to the noise behind me. The water had a calming effect on me, if only for a minute. That bad part is, that I didn't have money to get to the gym this morning to shower, shave and the likes. I had to walk 20 plus blocks, but it was necessary. I got there. I had already gotten my "workout" by the time that I walked thru the front door. Lifted a couple of weights, and a little cardio, sat in the sauna to relax. Showered. Then walked 15 blocks to the courthouse. Have been in the courtroom all day. I'm tired, and would love nothing more than to sleep in a normal bed for a night or so. I am sooooo........tired. Tired. Tired.

No comments: