Friday, May 23, 2008

A Family Afair

I'm starting to see more homeless "families" on the streets now. With the foreclosure rate being as high as it is DC....no not just DC....the country......more and more families are losing their homes. I see them every day. You can't miss them. I see them all the time at the library, McDonalds, Union Station, the City parks......all over.

A father, a mother, and child.....or sometimes children. It breaks my heart. I know how difficult it is just for me as a single man to take care of myself, let alone a whole family. I see them pulling multiple backpacks and suit cases. I see the mother feeding her baby at the library. I see them washing clothes out at the bus station. I see them filling out job applications while eating lunch with a crying baby. It makes me wonder where they go or stay at night. Do they separate and meet back up during the day? The reason I say this, is because most homeless shelters do not take families, or even couples for that matter. So a whole family.....where do they go at night? Hmmmmmm.......

1 comment:

kob said...

Just to update .. no email ... The blog has been added to the dcblogs live feed. The live feed update every 30 minutes and will display your most recent post for 24 hours.

Please set your default time zone to UK time, UTC or GMT 00. That will ensure that your more recent post appears on the top of the feed.
Best of luck,
kob